1. Science is logical and rational.
2. Science makes well-defined claims.
3. Scientific hypotheses are falsifiable.
4. Scientific experiments are repeatable.
5. Science requires that claims be examined by peers.
6. Science views unexplained gaps in theories with suspicion.
7. Science requires caution in examining evidence.
8. Science requires objectivity.
9. Science does not accept coincidence as proof.
10. Science does not accept anecdotal evidence as proof.
11. Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence.